In our popular 25 facts series, we’ve spoken to the founders and owners of Croatia’s Fresh Island Festival. Here are the exclusive 25 facts about one of the best European musical festivals.
– The Fresh Island Festival is the only European hip-hop, r’n’b and grime festival on the beach
– Fresh Island is located on beautiful Island Of Pag – the 2nd largest island in Croatia
– It’s situated on the biggest party destination in Croatia – Zrce beach, that is visited by over 500 000 tourists every summer. Zrce beach has become known as the new Ibiza.
– Wiz Khalifa spent his free time riding a bicycle around the island during the festival in 2016
– The festival was started by 5 friends who wanted to wake up hip hop in this part of Europe
– One of the festival’s founders, Bizzo Bodega, is one of the first ever Croatian MCs
– More than 10,000 people visit the island during the festival
– Pag is one of the sunniest Islands in Croatia
– If you are extreme enough, there’s a bungee jump ramp on the beach working 24/7
– Fresh Island festival received “2016 Best Music Event in Croatia” award by RSVP
– Snoop Dogg recorded a music video with group Madcon while at the festival